Our network extends across the sports and leisure sector and beyond. We pride ourselves in being able to connect brands to key players who can help them to take their business to the next level. Our international network includes senior sector and political contacts across over 500 cities and towns across Europe as well as a broad range of decision-making bodies and we can open doors for your brand.
ACES Europe, the European Capitals and Cities of Sport Federation, is a non-profit association based in Brussels which every year makes awards to recognise the sporting achievements of locations across Europe. Through Michelle’s role as UK & Ireland President, we have the opportunity to work with suitably ambitious and successful destinations to identify candidates for the following awards:
· European Capital of Sport
· European City of Sport
· European Community of Sport
· European Town of Sport
· European Sport and Healthy Company
· World Capital of Sport.
To date the following UK locations have received awards:
· European Capital of Sport: 2003 Glasgow, 2014 Cardiff
· European City of Sport: 2008 Leicester, 2009 Cardiff, 2010 Gateshead, 2011 North Lanarkshire, 2012 Preston, 2016 Stoke-on-Trent, 2017 Bristol, 2019 Coventry, 2020 Milton Keynes
· European University City of Sport: *New award*
· European Town of Sport: None awarded in the UK to date
· European Community of Sport: 2012 Isle of Man, 2013 Shetland Islands
· European Sport and Healthy Company: None awarded in the UK to date
We welcome enquiries from all interested parties – representatives of towns, cities, universities, companies and communities (local regions/districts) about these prestigious awards.
In partnership with ACES Europe, we have the opportunity to develop the ‘ACES Bike City’ concept to bring a truly international festival of cycling to a suitably high-profile destination each year. Watch this space for more news on this exciting initiative….